We are always on the look-out for more volunteers and welcome people from all backgrounds with different experiences and skills to help make Hampshire Pride bigger and better year-on-year!
As a not-for- profit voluntary organisation, Hampshire Pride relies heavily on volunteers and the support of our partners to ensure we continue to be an annual event celebrating
inclusivity, solidarity and community. We are run entirely by a small group of volunteers who dedicate their time to spreading the message of #PrideHantsWide. Some of us are involved year-round in the planning and organising the events, whilst others help out with smaller projects or just get stuck in on the day!
Taking part is a great way to get involved and we’d love to have you join the team!
Some of the volunteer roles we are looking to fill in 2018:
- Treasurer (year-round role) – support the independent voluntary organisation to have an appropriate financial foundation as it seeks registered charity status. Ideally the post holder will have sound knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations. They will also possess the ability to communicate clearly, keep accurate records and produce quarterly reports.
- Graphic Designers (Pre-Pride) – help us promote the day and after-party through designing eye-catching posters and attention-grabbing leaflets.
- Venue Dressers (Pre-Pride, Winchester School of Art) – resourceful and creative individuals with an appetite for a challenge and help us transform the venue into a welcoming space where people will get their first experience of Pride. NB. We are ideally looking for a small group of volunteers who can work with limited funds to design and set-up the decorations, please get in touch to find out more!
- Indoor-street party helpers (10am-1pm, Saturday 24th February) – help welcome and direct our stallholders to their stands, be on hand to help them set up and feel well looked after. You’ll even have enough time to head down to the parade if you wanted to or can stick about and welcome the parade arrival.
- Assembly point helpers (11am-2.30pm, Saturday 24th February) – help welcome people to the assembly point, be on hand to point people in the right direction, help keep things running smoothly and help ensure the venue is clear once the parade leaves.
- Parade volunteer stewards (1pm-3.30pm, Saturday 24th February) – helping keep everyone safe and the procession running smoothly. In this role you will need to be happy to walk the route, wear a fetching high-vis jacket and give instructions to others. A 1pm briefing will be given at the School of Art before the procession.